Recognition Building

Centennial Garden

The Centennial Garden was completed in 2012, together with the Centennial Campus, to maximise the green coverage of the campus. The Garden includes four signature sculptures and gardens: the Bricks Wall; Little Garden; Universe; and Fortiter in re, Suaviter in modo. Bricks Wall The Bricks Wall recognises contributions from 1,700 alumni and friends of the …

Centennial Garden Read More »

Chi Wah Learning Commons

The Chi Wah Learning Commons is named after the Chi Wah Foundation of Dr Collin Lam (BSc 1973). Spread over three levels, the Learning Commons is a technology-rich, shared or common space in which students can come together to interact, and participate in various kinds of learning activities.

The Shaws Buildings

Runme Shaw Building and Run Run Shaw Building are collectively known as the Shaws Buildings. Separated by the Rayson Huang Theatre, they stand at the top of Sun Yat-sen Steps. Completed in 1983, the buildings were named in 1985 to acknowledge the generosity of the two Shaw brothers, the late Sir Runme Shaw and Sir …

The Shaws Buildings Read More »

Yam Pak Building

The Building opened in 1970 and was originally called Redmond Building after Emeritus Professor F. A. Redmond. Professor Redmond joined the University in 1919 as a lecturer in the Faculty of Engineering and acted as its head from September 1925 to December 1926 and then again from 1928-1951. The Building was renamed in 1996 as …

Yam Pak Building Read More »

Pao Siu Loong Building

Pao Siu Loong Building was opened on October 22, 1973. It was named after Pao Siu Loong, father of Dr Pao Yue Kong (HonLLD 1975), to honour their donation of two million dollars to the University’s new health centre. Mr Pao Siu Loong was a prosperous merchant from Ningpo, and came to Hong Kong in …

Pao Siu Loong Building Read More »

T. T. Tsui Building

A ceremony to celebrate the completion of the T. T. Tsui Building was held on November 8, 1986, with officiating guests Dr T. T. Tsui; Mr Ma Chengyuan, Curator of the Shanghai Museum; Ms Wang Limei, State Bureau of Cultural Relics; and Professor Y C Cheng, Vice-Chancellor. The University of Hong Kong was bestowed with …

T. T. Tsui Building Read More »

Fong Shu Chuen Amenities Centre

On September 25, 1981, HKU named the Centre the Fong Shu Chuen Amenities Centre in recognition of the generous support of Mr Fong Shu Chuen and the Fong Shu Fook Tong Foundation. The Fong Shu Fook Tong Foundation was established in 1977 by Dr Henry Fong Yun Wah, Chairman of Hip Shing Hong (Holdings) Company …

Fong Shu Chuen Amenities Centre Read More »

Chong Yuet Ming Buildings

The Chong Yuet Ming Buildings were opened on 13 December 1994 by Dr Li Ka Shing (Hon LLD 1986). Dr Li had made a $35 million donation to set up a fund in memory of his late wife, Madam Li Chong Yuet Ming, who graduated from HKU with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1961 …

Chong Yuet Ming Buildings Read More »

Scroll to Top