Eliot Hall & May Hall

The Old Halls previously served as independent student hostels: Lugard, Eliot, and May Halls. Eliot Hall opened in 1914 and was named after Sir Charles Eliot, the first Vice-Chancellor of the University. May Hall was opened on 1 January 1915 and named after Sir Francis Henry May, the second Chancellor of The University of Hong Kong and the 15th Governor of Hong Kong.

The two halls have now been converted into University offices.

Scroll to Top