Pao Siu Loong Building was opened on October 22, 1973. It was named after Pao Siu Loong, father of Dr Pao Yue Kong (HonLLD 1975), to honour their donation of two million dollars to the University’s new health centre. Mr Pao Siu Loong was a prosperous merchant from Ningpo, and came to Hong Kong in 1949. His son Dr Pao became a shipping businessman and devoted himself to education and health philanthropic activities.
The centre first housed the University’s clinic and dental clinic. In 1995, the clinic moved to Meng Wah Complex and the building now houses the iDendron, an innovation and entrepreneurship hub.